|Australian National University, Canberra
The Australian National University was founded by the Australian Government in 1946 as Australia's only completely research-oriented university.
In 1960 the University merged with Canberra University College, and began offering both undergraduate and graduate education. More recently, in 1992, the University and the Institute of The Arts amalgamated, widening the University's education to encompass creative arts and music.
The Australian National University offers graduate and undergraduate courses in a range of disciplines ranging from Arts, to Law and Mathematics, to Science and Women's Studies.
Fundamental to the distinctive character of the University has been the continuity of the block funding to the Institute of Advanced Studies, vital for the investment in long-term research so critical for continued academic distinction. Equally important to the character of the ANU has been the growth of the undergraduate student body and the recruitment of high quality research and teaching staff into The Faculties.
Department: Laser Physics Centre
The Laser Physics Centre is one of the seven Departments which make up the Research School of Physical Sciences and Engineering at the ANU.
The Laser Physics Centre focuses on the design of lasers and their application to the study of physical sciences. Work ranges from the growth and manipulation of materials for applied photonics to lasers as spectroscopic tools to probe the structure of matter.
|Projects Supported by Australian National University, Canberra
Clearance (part of the Promised Land Project),
Residing with Medical Research,
|Departments of Australian National University, Canberra
Department of Geology,
Research School of Earth Sciences,
John Curtin School of Medical Research,
Laser Physics Centre