_Augmentology 1[L]0[L]1_ explores concepts that shape and are shaped by an extensive range of online/synthetic encounters. These concepts are formed through principles generated internally within specific online environments. These environments include - among others:
* Massively Multiplayer Online Environments such as World of Warcraft, EVE Online and Second Life.
* Social Networking Platforms such as Twitter, Identi.ca, Facebook, OpenSocial and Friendfeed.
* Social Gaming such as Passively Multiplayer Online Game and Parallel Kingdom.
* Alternate Reality Games such as I Love Bees, Perplex_City and Year Zero.
* First Person Shooter Games such as FEAR, BioShock, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.
Entries will dissect post-geophysically defined notions of reality through a mixture of
* Platform-specific Case Studies.
* Applied Behavioural analysis.
* Construction of theoretical projections derived via synthetic, mixed and augmented formats.
The aim of this Augmentology project is to construct a new discipline. This discipline is to be formulated and documented appropriately online. This discipline is not intended for traditional academic ratification. Augmentology does not adhere to canonised standards of referencing and/or validation. All materials linked are accessible online. References are presented in order to encourage link-based - rather than directional - information accumulation. These references include a mixture of verifiable and speculative sources.
Each entry is constructed to reflect how participants absorb information within attention economies and synthetic environments. The entries are designed to function within a system dependent on embedded information streams. Concepts are condensed to reflect this. Please contact Netwurker Mez if you’re interested in contributing: netwurker.mez-at-gmail.com.